I enjoy my work-I know I make a difference!
Join the Cooperative for Human Services, Inc. and share your time, talents, interests, and hobbies with individuals with disabilities. We provide in-home services and personal supports to adults with intellectual, developmental and other related disabilities. There are many opportunities for advancement too.
- As a Direct Support Worker/Residential Counselor you will directly participate in daily routines while assisting and encouraging each person to develop their skills and be as independent as possible. Personal routines include a variety of different activities both at home and in the community.
- On a daily basis, you will be assisting with personal care, household chores, administration of medication, preparing meals, and other activities of daily living.
- You will be providing social interaction and companionship in a family-style, home environment,
- In the community, share your talents and interests and explore new activities too! Typical activities include outdoor community events, baseball games, shopping, errands, dinning, craft fairs, recreational, social gatherings, music, movies, and more —all enriching the lives of people with disabilities.
- You will also assist with planning and organizing appointments and services for individuals served helping them to achieve their personal goals and realize their full potential.
Salary $12.20/hr – $16.85 per hour based upon certifications and experience. Paid training, including required certifications, benefit package and continued opportunities for professional advancement provided. Excellent work environment and team approach to services.
Job opportunities are available in over 40 communities in Greater Boston, North Shore & Metro West including:
- Burlington & Bedford
- Lexington Area
- Malden & Medford
- Woburn & Reading
- Lynn, Salem & Beverly
Many of our locations are accessible by public transportation.
- High school diploma (Associates degree preferred)
- 6 months relevant experience
- Valid MA driver’s license (Some positions require a vehicle.)
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to the CHS Mission and ‘A Passion for What’s Possible’
How To Apply
For more information on how to apply for this position, click here.