Working for CHS is like working for a family–we are one big team!
Founded in 1981, the Cooperative for Human Services has a long-standing, demonstrated history of providing progressive, person-centered services and supports for people with intellectual, developmental and related disabilities. Join our professional support team, providing services and care with a passion for what’s possible. Enhance your life by sharing one of our homes or your own home with a person with special needs.
We are seeking individuals or families to provide live-in support to individuals with developmental disabilities. Through our shared-living arrangements and your caring support, people with disabilities can learn new skills, discover greater independence and enjoy the comfort of a warm and welcoming home. Together, we create a home environment that embraces and includes the person served as a member of your family or household.
- Provide live-in/in-home care (24 hrs/day)
- Actively provide direct care & assistance to the person supported including meals, personal care, errands, hobbies, activities, celebrations
- Schedule & provide transportation to & from appointments/meetings
- Provide record keeping as required for case management, ISP planning, healthcare, clinical, behavioral and other supports
- Respond to the needs of the person served, including emergency needs
- Provide a safe & stable home environment
- Receive clinical & supervisory support, as well as on-going training
- Receive access to professional support & emergency response 24 hrs/day
Job opportunities are available in over 40 communities in Greater Boston, North Shore & Metro West including:
- Burlington & Bedford
- Lexington Area
- Malden & Medford
- Woburn & Reading
- Lynn, Salem & Beverly
Many of our locations are accessible by public transportation.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Personal commitment of a minimum of 1 year if hired
- 2 years of successful and related experience (caring for family members, raising a family, human service or health care support services)
- Driver’s license & vehicle
How To Apply
For more information on how to apply for this position, click here.