The mission of Cooperative for Human Services is to provide programs and services that support community inclusion, personal enrichment and quality of life for individuals with intellectual, developmental and related disabilities and their family members, including residential services, independent living supports, day services, community living supports, advocacy, family support and corporate guardianship services. We strive to meet each person’s dynamic and unique needs through innovation, initiative and leadership.
Guiding Principles and Values
At CHS our core operating principle remains rooted in the premise that all successful services are developed by building meaningful relationships with individuals and their family members — relationships that foster friendship, comfort, support and well being. Our principles and values result in a comprehensive, person centered, planning approach to service design and provision.
- Treat every person and their family members with dignity and respect.
- Support individuals as valuable members of their community by promoting physical and social inclusion and economic opportunity.
- Design, deliver and modify services to meet the unique individual needs and preferences of those served and their family members.
- Serve individuals of varying abilities, regardless of the intensity of supports needed.
- Encourage stakeholder participation in the planning, support, provision and evaluation of services
- Promote individual and family empowerment by enhancing true, informed choice
- Emphasize learning as a life-long process.
- Provide services in an environment that promotes health, safety, and a sense of worth.
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork and open communication.
- Promote innovation, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Enhance the efficacy and public value of human services through leadership, advocacy, diversity and collaboration.
- Carry out all policies and practices in an ethical, legal, accurate, and fiscally responsible manner.