Independent Living Services
Home provides the sanctuary that allows each of us to venture outside to pursue our dreams.
Our Individual Support Program provides flexible services that help people with intellectual, developmental and other disabilities successfully transition to and maintain independent living in the community. Our success comes from our ability to establish trusting long-term relationships with each of the people we serve and their family members.
Most importantly, it is the knowledge that we are always available, either by phone or in person, which allows each person served to build confidence in themselves and their ability to live independently.
At CHS, we provide services using a team approach. Our managers, support staff and clinicians work in partnership with each individual, their family members and friends to fulfill each person’s dream of living in ‘a home of their own.’ Individuals are encouraged to make positive and healthy decisions that are consistent with the goals they establish.
Support services are designed to meet each person’s needs;
- Services can be easily added, changed or adjusted as necessary;
- Support hours can be established on a daily or weekly basis;
- Individuals served are empowered to direct and control their own services; and
- Support and encouragement is provided from peers, staff and family members.
The Individual Supports program has offices in Malden, MA which is also the location of the program’s Community Center . The Community Center serves as a place where participants are encouraged to gather and build peer connections; share information and resources; and connect to other community services. Services include:
- Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Personal care & support
- Clinical support
- Outreach assistance
- Case coordination
- 24 hour on-call response
- Individual & group counseling
- Self–Advocacy Group
- Recreation & leisure support
- On-going direct supports: Homemaker Services, Housekeeping, Budgeting/paying bills, Health care coordination and Community skill building